After leaving academia to start a private practice, she wanted to find a way to reach a broader audience with practical, evidence-based mental health information. In addition to her private practice, she writes and podcasts as The Reflective Doc. She is also a regular contributor to Psychology Today, Doximity, and Kevin MD and a frequent podcast guest.
Dr. Jennifer Reid, MD is a Philadelphia psychiatrist, award-winning educator, writer, and podcast host. She trained at Columbia University and UCLA and is on the clinical faculty at the University of Pennsylvania. She is married to a physician and a proud mom to 2 boys. She grew up in rural North Dakota in a family of physicians and studied zoology at the University of Wisconsin, Madison. You all have something unique to say, and the world will be better for hearing it.
- Dr. Reid’s personal and professional journey to becoming The Reflective Doc
- What is Anxiety? Symptoms? Treatments?
- Sleep deprivation and insomnia
- Alcohol, Cannabis, Melatonin, and Sleep
- Circadian Rhythms, naps, and caffeine
- Seasonal Affective Disorder
- The relationship between anxiety and procrastination
- Establishing Safety
- Clients in recovery
- What’s next for Dr. Reid
- Our signature question