Registration for the 2020 Sugar Free Challenge is closed.
What exactly IS the Sugar Free Challenge?
To eliminate all added and processed sugars from your diet September 1st to September 30th.
That means removing all the obvious sugary foods like cakes, cookies, candies, chocolate bars, ice cream, donuts pies or pastries, etc. Sweetened beverages such as soda pop, vitamin water, fruit juice, flavored coffee beverages or any added sugar in coffee or tea are NOT allowed. This also includes all forms of alcohol – remember alcohol is just fermented sugar.
Did you know that 80% of grocery store products have hidden added sugars?
Therefore, these are not allowed in the challenge:
- Breakfast cereals,
- flavored oatmeal, granola bars, trail mix,
- barbecue sauces, condiments such as ketchup, jams and jellies, pasta sauce,
- commercial soup,
- salad dressings,
- frozen & prepared meals,
- baked beans,
- some canned fruit,
- flavoured dairy products such as yoghurt
Check the ingredient list;
if the FIRST FOUR ingredients include sugar or some version of it, it is not allowed. Be cautious of items that are disguised sugars; follow our list of items to help you identify masked sugars. If in doubt, leave it out!
Think that is a lot to give up? YOU ARE SWEET ENOUGH!
Here are just some of the benefits of eliminating added sugars from your diet:
- Healthy sustainable weight loss
- Reduced cravings for sugar and savory foods
- Taste buds will change so that you can enjoy the natural taste of food
- More energy
- Clear thinking and better mood
- Blood sugar and blood pressure can normalize in weeks
Favorite question! Is sugar in fruit & dairy allowed? YES.
Although sugar exists in whole fruit, vegetables and dairy, eating these in their natural (unprocessed) element is acceptable.
“I’m Sweet Enough Already September Challenge Guides!”
See our suggested list of unprocessed and safe foods.
This is your guide to processed and sugar free living! The Power is Ours!