Just like with drugs and alcohol, people can experience addictive effects when eating certain foods, which in turn can lead to food compulsions, serious addictions, and related health conditions.
In my latest article for Renascent, a leader in drug, alcohol and food addiction rehab programs and services in Toronto, I do a deep dive into food addiction. The article explains the signs and symptoms of Food addiction that you should watch out for, how food addiction can be treated, and the best steps for lifelong healing and recovery.
You will learn about Food addiction and how recovery is possible:
- About food addiction?
- If you might be addicted to food?
- The connection to food addiction between brain
- How food addiction is diagnosed
- The scientific and clinical Yale Food Addiction Scale
- The treatment of food addiction
- Why intensive primary care is important
- Lasting Recovery from a Food Addiction
- The importance of continuing care & alumni programs
- How to start your road to recovery
Read the full article on the Renascent Addiction Blog.