Esther Kane, MSW, RSW, RCC, has been an Eating Disorders Psychotherapist for 25+ years. She lives in Victoria BC but works all over Canada. She is the author of “It’s Not About the Food: A Woman’s Guide to Making Peace with Food and Our Bodies”. She is also the host of the Compassionate Conversations Podcast & YouTube Channel, where she has recently done a series on food and body image.
- Her personal journey to recovery from eating disorders to food addiction
- What is a Highly Sensitive Person?
- The connection between HSPs & Food Addiction
- How to take care of your HSP-specific needs
- What she has found in the difference between men & women when it comes to FA
- How she differentiates between food addiction & eating disorders
- The intergenerational transmission of disordered eating
- How she helps clients with emotional eating
- Her thoughts on volume
- Her audio program: Making Peace with Food & our Bodies
- The obstacles she finds working with clients
- The pushback she’s received from colleagues about her perspective