As members of the Food Addiction Institute’s International Advisory Board, we are passionate about supporting Food Addiction recovery for everyone, most especially children. The Food Addiction Institute (FAI), founded in 2005, is an independent, non-profit organization whose mission is to support the healing of all food addicts.
To accomplish our mission FAI works towards the following:
- Advocating widespread acceptance of food addiction as a disease of substance abuse and the availability of effective, abstinence-based solutions.
- Helping to identify and expand knowledge about food addiction.
- Providing professional and public education about food addiction as a treatable chemical dependency to physicians, dietitians, therapists, counselors, and allied health professionals, internationally.
- Offering information about promising new practices for the treatment of food addiction.
- Supplying resources for those who may be food addicted.
- Creating a forum for the development and dissemination of innovative and effective public health strategies related to the prevention, mitigation, and treatment of food addiction