Charlece “Charlie” Bishop, CEO, Founder, & Lead Therapist at CR Counseling, is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) with a passion for helping create change in you. She has worked with clients transitioning into corporate America, relational or marital issues, anxiety, depression, and issues with self-esteem. Charlie has a passion for eating disorders and aims to bring awareness to the Black community.
Charlie provides a safe space for you to be vulnerable while learning skills to create change. She believes that change comes in the form of desire and dedication met with thoughts and emotions. Charlie’s clients often enter therapy for the first time confused, and unsure of how to handle life. Charlie teaches how to manage and cope with chaos, process childhood memories, and work through uncomfortable emotions.
IN TODAY’S EPISODE:
- Charlie’s personal and professional journey
- Social, historical, cultural, and multi-generational factors that impact BIPOC clients and their relationship with their bodies
- How Black families think about body image and how is this passed from one generation to another
- How to help clients trust their bodies when they may be convinced they can’t
- Using techniques and tools to help clients make shifts
- BMI and supporting clients as they navigate medical pushback
- Actual health markers clients should focus on
- Body positivity
- Taking up space
- Signature Question
Leave a Reply