Today we speak with Blood Sugar and Diabetes food coach, Janet Sanders. Janet received her certification as a Health Counsellor, at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition from Columbia University. She is a designated Holistic Heath Practitioner with a certification from the American Association of Drugless Practitioners. Janet is the founder of Great Life, a national health coaching practice with a focus on chronic health CONCERNS such as diabetes, and blood sugar health issues. She also founded the Blood Sugar Central Coaching Club. Currently, she runs three programs all with the aim to help people LIVE A SUGAR FREE LIFESTYLE, stop yo-yo weight gain and keep blood sugars under control.
Janet was a regular contributor to Janet Zappala’s Ask the Diabetes Coach column. She is the author of two books: The Diabetes Coach Approach, and most recently her upcoming book Break Free from the Blood Sugar Blues: How to Cut Sugar. End Yo-Yo Weight Gain, Conquer Diabetes, and Get Your Life Back for Good. She is also a meditation teacher, a trained cook from the Kushi Institute, and a Pop Fitness Dance Instructor.
IN TODAY’S EPISODE:
- She shares her personal journey from attorney to health coach
- How she discovered the importance of the sugar-free approach
- How sugar contributes to diabetes
- Why refined carbs are particularly problematic
- She shares her dietary approach
- Her take on Food Addiction
- How she deals with client resistance
- How she works with vegetarians & vegans to meet their protein needs
- The three programs she offers and her books
- The initial advice she would give to someone newly diagnosed with diabetes or pre-diabetes